Sunday, June 5, 2011

Time in London drawing to a close

   Ok, we are at one and a half days left in London. Last night was my going away party. For some reason, I had debilitating cramps that struck like mid-afternoon, so little do my party-goers know that I spent like three hours fetal on my bed prior to dinner. I made one trip out to Sainsbury's for milk, blueberries and bananas. Proceeded home to eat all of the blueberries then return to fetal position and listen to a podcast. By the time I needed to leave for dinner they had subsided somewhat. I finally did the thing that I had always been paranoid about: I took us the wrong direction on the tube so we ended up in Bermondsey and had to turn around. There were major delays and reroutings and all this shit so we were really late. But happening of happenings we ran into Emilie at Waterloo and were 20 min late, much to Larissa's chagrin. But we were served promptly at Cafe Pacifico, though this time around the service was really lacking. My food was good and we got back to Borough right as the shindig was supposed to start.

   Argula was there and obvi Larissa and Greg were with me so we got drinks (I got Pimms for the first time!!--it was fruity and good but outrageously expensive) and headed to the back and started playing Scrabble. Charli and Matt ended up coming and because they had been at the match all day, they were a bit to the side and tired so I talked with them for awhile and talked to Lauren as well. It was meant to be a sort of pub crawl, but it was ten before we rounded up the troops to move on to Slug and Lettuce. I hadn't realized it was going to be the last time I was going to see Charli, so that hit me kind of hard and I kept hugging her and trying not to cry.

   We moved on to Slug and got cocktails and generally chatted around and stuff. It was rather nice and hyper, etc. They ended up kicking us out basically cus they were closing so most people went off and I let Chris and Theresa into mine and went up to Hampstead. We barely made the last tube, as the gate at Borough was nearly closed. Raced down the stairs to the platform and got off at Hampstead station and had to walk fifteen minutes to halls. I was dead but we still watched Doctor Who before I very nearly passed out. I had to pee at like 3:30 in the morning and I didn't have shorts but I figured, who would I run into? So I went to the bathroom in my t-shirt and let me tell you, and I will quote myself, the girls who live on that floor are dogs. My god, those toilets last weekend were blocked up with disgusting (literal) shit. I had to pee so badly so I tried flushing one this time and nothing happened and since there was urine all over the seat, I moved on to the next one, which had a pile of turds on top of lots of toilet paper. Choking back my gag reflex, I tried flushing it twice and when nothing happened, lined the seat with toilet paper and squat-peed. Gross gross gross.

   Anyway, I'm now home, feeling disgusting again cus it was hot yesterday and I need a shower and to brush my teeth. I have to go back up to Hampstead for a picnic, and then I really need to start packing tonight cus tomorrow I'm going to Joe's one more time, then I need to close out my account, and then the rest of the day is going to be packing and tying up the loose ends here. I am so ready to be home, but I know it's going to be a hard change. My plan is to smother my niece with love and affection (same for my brudda and Ash-Bash), spend oodles of time with my mum in the first few days, retail therapy, catching up with people at home, and becoming reacquainted with my room/space. Ahhh Panera, Target, Waterstreet, Meijer's, Kohl's, etc. YOU WILL BE MINE.

   To all my British friends/friends I've made here: Please, if you're ever in America come visit me. For real. Also, stay in touch. Also my skype is poodlefactory. Also, I love you. ^.^

1 comment: