Friday, March 4, 2011

Time for the uber post

   So guys, been MIA for a bit, sorry about that. Let's get caught up. Last weekend was my first free weekend!!! I spent it watching Misfits and then got a computer virus...so I had some cocktails with Winnie, which was nice. Learned from her as usual. Freaked out about computer. Soooo on Sunday I did hw and then ran the computer to James in Piccadilly Circus because he fixed it for free. Later that night was dinner with Niko and Michelle. We made gyros and Niko brought over some half-baked ice cream and we ate all of it after DERICIOUS (yes, that just happened) lamb and feta ness. We played uno and ended up talking about our bathroom habits in my room until midnight.

   Waking up on Monday was killer. I don't even remember quite what I did but I know that I didn't feel well after so little sleep and two cups of coffee. I made it to the public library around the corner, where I've managed to rack up almost ten pounds in fines. But, knowing me and my intense love of public libraries, I left with a stack of books, including Sh*t My Dad Says, which I read that evening.

   Tuesday just kind of illustrated my growing dependence (although we've deemed it still healthy) on Michelle, and I guess Nik Nik. I spent almost three hours in the computer lab finishing up litpsych reading and then Michelle was feeling badly so I offered to make her grilled cheese for lunch. We hung out for an hour and a half, me not feeling well from another lack of sleep night. It was stressing ME out hearing about money issues with Katie coming, and all the shit that needed to be done, etc. and then in the middle of all of it Michelle was like, "I wanna go home." I nearly started a panic and crying, but I was like, "Ahhh you can't do this to me!" and then it was ok. I had a brief coffee with Greg before lit psych lecture, which was fine and then I hopped on the HYDROGEN BUS (RV1--it kept shutting down though lol) to get to the Tower area. I WAS going to a publication launch to see what it was like and to get free shit, but Niko was like 15 minutes late. Example of dependence: Michelle had texted me fml and stuff so I called and half a ten min conversation with her like we hadn't seen each other in days while I waited for Niko. When he finally emerged, trying to scare the shit out of me by talking to me on the phone and edging up next to me, we decided to scrap going to the party in favor of just going back to gdsa, making dinner, and hanging out.

   He bought more ice cream for us, one pint specifically for Michelle's cramps, and she made homemade mac and cheese. We all about died from the itis. That night was pretty crazy. I was hyped and stuff and Arif and Arun were in the kitchen hanging out. Arif had just received the news that he had to move out and I could tell he was a bit shell shocked. There was a vibrating phone incident that kind of made me pee my pants a little bit, as well as Niko throwing rice at me, it landing in the crease of my neck and lots of spasms. After the itis went down, we went to Michelle's room to watch some stand-up before Michelle had to go pick up Katie.

   Wednesday was amazing. I did a lot of shopping and then Cathy came over and I made her American comfort food. I got to hear her speak Spanish for the first time which was soooo awesome. We chatted for most of the afternoon before making my second trip to Sainsbury's in the day to buy James gingerbread cookies as payment for my computer. We met him outside Borough station and for realz, I really like those two. They're so cute and such good people and I'm really happy to know them. I was also ecstatic about having my compy back. So I went on it for half an hour before heading up to Oxford St area to meet Katie and Michelle at a Salvation Army. I bought a dress and a shirt for 6 pounds. We made a stop at Primark and I bought three shirts for 6 pounds. We spent forever in the shoe section and then we were dying so we stopped at Starbucks so Michelle could be and sweated our way home.

   I caught up with some people on skype and Charli came in my room and chatted to me. Then our whole flat congregated because of Arif moving out. Basically, he had applied for early termination because gdsa is too expensive so once they found someone to take his contract he had to move out. They gave him two days notice. Everyone made their prospective dinners while we watched East Enders and Shubha had done some emergency baking. Arif bought beer. We all had the cake together and broke open some beers before deciding what the night had in store. Majority felt like just a movie in the flat with drinking game, so we all clamored into our shoes for a crazy alcohol run. We went to the little shop across the street where we got a big ass bottle of cherry Lambrini and some vodka. Then we went to Costcutter where Shubha bought peach schnabbs and a cheap copy of 300. We had a toast to Arif in the flat and made it through maybe 20 min of 300 before we were too crazed about sex and other things. There were flat confessions and we played a drinking game to Roxanna before the movie and during the move we drank to lady nipples, any mention of Sparta/Spartans, and general punching. Then we ran to Shubha's room and Jaimini was embarrassed so we all ran to her room and were hanging out in there. People were yelling that we had to hang out in each person's room so we went to Arun's and then back to Jaimini's when someone had the idea to curl Arun's hair and put makeup on him. I finally had to leave around midnight to talk to Theo and my body was considering being sick of me but it wasn't, thank god. 45 min later I got a knock on the door, the makeup was done and it was amazing, so they all came in and said hey to T over skype, which was funny. I didn't go to bed until 2 and it was rough.

   I woke up around 10:30 and was busy all morning trying to get shit done before class. Went there, actually talked to one of the smart kids from Irish last semester that made me feel stupid but he's really nice. At the break I talked to Robyn as usual, who had cupcakes (going to get so fat). Creative Writing was good, though I was so tired by that point that I was having trouble paying attention. I got home and ate dinner with some flatmates before uploading all the pics of the past two months (not a lot, I can tell you). Then Niko came with ICE CREAM AGAIN although he was mean about it. We met Argula at a pub and I don't like Guinness. We taught Niko how to play euchre and they left at nearly 1 and I am so tired. We had a moot debate in Shakespeare which scared the shit out of me. This one girl in my group was annoying cus she did one of my pet peeves--where people like explain something, but after they've said like five words I get what they're saying but they continue saying it in like three or four sentences. I really wanted to stop her and say, "I get it, you can stop talking." But I'm nice. Anyway, I went to superdrug and came home and saw some fam and now I'm just chilling. Going to catch up on Graham like whoa. Going to Hampstead Heath tomorrow I think and then maybe movie night with the reggies. I love Nik Nik and MiShayShay. They my peeps.

Here are stupid pictures from January-present: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=340954&id=552508884

Here are the pics of the flat's night of drunken debauchery (not really): http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?fbid=10150149540583885&id=552508884&aid=340956

2 comments:

  1. What's "itis"?

    Your posts always provoke a hungry response from mi talkativo estomago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The itis is the feeling of fatigue and tiredness (like you need a nap) after you've eaten usually quite a large amount of food.

    ReplyDelete