Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Revelation?

   We had good weather for like two days. SUNSHINE. ALL DAY. For two days. I got out of the flat and went to a museum with Greg. Got off at Camden and waited around for like twenty minutes. Got stopped by UNICEF people. Got my picture taken while simultaneously jumping and reading by a nice guy named Garret. Greg and I had a twenty minute walk AROUND REGENT'S PARK IN THE SUNSHINE to get to the MUSEUM OF EVERYTHING. We also got a little lost, missing turns but eventually we found that museum and it was weeeeird. Like funhouse mirrors, disturbing pictures, and really awkward arrangements of stuffed animals (taxidermy). It was just weird and I wrote in their guestbook (under someone who said the exhibit had made them scarred) that it was weird and a little disturbing.

   Basically everything I wanted to write has sort of gone out the window. Last night I didn't really sleep. I went to bed shortly after 11 and tossed and turned for like three hours. It was when I was washing my face this morning that I realized that I AM NOT GROWING ANYMORE. I have reached a point of stagnancy. Obi is no longer in Europe to keep me in check and to bounce my shit off of and to discuss life. I am no longer in a dynamic state. This needs to change. Give me strength to let it be so.

1 comment:

  1. We all love you the way you are :). But I can understand the feeling of stagnation... Have you read/listened to/done anything new lately? Sometimes spontaneity is necessary.

    I'm glad you inserted the "(taxidermy)" explanation; otherwise I'd have had images in my mind of teddy bears in odd positions.

    ReplyDelete