Thursday, February 17, 2011

Word up, hoes down.

Firstly, I would like to share this video with you: http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2011/02/01/kicking-2011-commencement-challenge-0

I just have to say how freaking awesome it is to see Kalamazoo so in the spotlight for good things and to see someone I went to high school with talking to the freaking president. How cool is that? I didn't leave my room until the evening yesterday and it was weird because I watched so much and after watching that video, I had all this patriotic pride and I literally thought, "Oh no, if I leave my room it means I'm not in America anymore and I'll still be in London etc etc etc..."

But I left my room. And went to see The King's Speech. I don't know that I was necessarily into a drama at that time, but it was pretty good. It just kind of made me sad to see Colin Firth look like such a sad puppy the whole time. And by the end, his stammering kind of made me feel a choking sensation in my throat. Anyway. Then I actually did a bit of night walking around in London, which was weird and nice.

Today I did Sexpression volunteering again, this time with Lauren. It was quite good as she had a good little speech when we approached people and we got like two or three people to actually do chlamydia tests. I did one just so I could get a free t-shirt lol. And I've been eating love hearts (tastes like our Smarties but better and look like valentine's hearts) like they're crack cus they're so much better than smarties. Anyways, I've nearly finished my Empire essay, will edit tomorrow, but I'm feeling very apathetic about my Literature and Psychoanalysis essay. I know what I want to write about, but I'm loath to get started cus I have to do some research. The Sexy Pub Quiz is tonight so I think I shall do a bit of drinking cus I deserve it. Cathy and Chris are in town so that should be nice, if not a bit stressful (to see Chris cus we don't have something solid planned yet). I'm sure it will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment