Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy!

   Ok! So I slept the HELL in today. I woke up at 9:45, no slamming doors or anything!! Awesome. The morning and early afternoon had a very weird feel to them. I changed my sheets and I made my bed (I got a patterned duvet cover this time!!) and it looks soooooo pristine!!! Like really orderly but I want to curl up in it at the same time. It just made me quite happy. So I did some reading in the kitchen then made lunch. My goal was to be gone by 2 to the library to get books and do reading, but I ended up going to the computer room first to buy tickets to Cambridge so I could print. Buuuuut, after the website was really finicky it ended up declining my card (dunno why) so I gave up and left. Did an hour and a half of work at Maughan before walking to a pub on the Strand where we were supposed to meet for Creative Writing Soc. Ok so, this was a very Englishy English pub. I got carded. Wtf. I gave the girl my Michigan ID and she was super skeptical about it and asked me if I had other ID on me, and I said all I had was my king's ID card. But she took the Michigan ID. I mean, all I got was a half pint of cider. I think I was carded because I had my backpack and the average age of the people in the pub was like 65+. Lol. That was just interesting.
   So then I sat at the bar and drank my cider. I was a little early. After I was done, I kind of gave up the excuse of playing with my phone, so I went outside and there was a girl there who guessed from my look that I was to meet up for the same thing. She was from the English Soc. Then Greg from history came and we decided to go back inside. He and I chatted and more people came. My earring broke! I gave Argula directions on the phone and she came. Then we walked to the theatre, and I chatted with this one girl I had met before at a meeting but I forget her name. Her boyfriend goes to Cambridge and she's actually going there this weekend so we were talking about stuff to do there. So the talk we went to was Margaret Atwood and some science-y guy with a person in the middle sort of mediating questions. Basically, creative writing's plans changed to this yesterday so I had no idea what to expect and it was fine until the end, when my attention wandered and I had to pee sooooo badly. I walked back up to Strand and ran into Alison and then Kleio and we all talked for a bit then Alison and I took the bus home together.
   I've watched two episodes of Shameless today. I was basically heartbroken when I caught up with Peep Show but now I'm getting into Shameless a bit more. After that it's Doctor Who, then I'm rewatching Coupling (I started missing it today). Or maybe Coupling before, cus it might be nice to go back to a 30 min show. But I've been running into Robin a bit lately and yesterday I met her boyfriend who she's always talking about (and at least one other guy who's studying English), and she had turned to her boyfriend to say that I wanted to go to Cardiff with them for Doctor Who should that ever happen, so maybe I should get on that shit. Anyways, it was a good day.

   Oh, and the latest Christmas break news is that Michelle can't go on the trip at all. So basically we're staying in London for Christmas. Obi is most likely coming here for about a week. I've mostly convinced Emilie to stay for Christmas. Then I'm going to Spain for new year's. I went through a brief period where I wanted nothing more than to go home for at least Christmas, but 1. Money. 2. It would only be like just over a week. 3. It would upset everything that now hangs in a delicate (or non-existent) balance.

gooooooooooooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment