Monday, November 29, 2010

The Cold

I guess I should have known that such great days would be followed by a slump. Whennnn will it get easier?? Dear god let it be at least January and let me not worry about money and let me shsooooooooooooooooon.

I had a busy weekend.
Friday: Winter Carnival (German-themed with American carnival rides) in Hyde Park. FRIGID. Tried mulled wine (red wine brought to just under a boil, infused with cinnamon and spices, served warm. Peep Show premiere. <3 Mark and Jez.
Saturday: OODLES of laundry with Michelle. Sex shops in Soho with Marina. Thanksgiving dinner cooked by Michelle with two Germans. The heater in Michelle's kitchen doesn't work. I kept my coat on all night.
Sunday: Five hours of shopping in Brick Lane with Nina. Cold but good. Didn't find anything--think my body type somewhat doomed to find winter skirts that look good.
**I know I said I would take lots of pictures, but honestly, if you were here, you would not dare take your hands out of your pockets either. The cold is different here. It's only in the 20s (F) but the cold seeps into you faster. In Michigan your ears get cold fast. I don't have an ear problem so much as a toes/legs problem here. Well, and if out for too long, my hands literally stop moving. 
All together: not enough homework done so I spent 4.5 hours in the library today and basically after reading a 100-page play I ceased to absorb anything so I stopped struggling through it and left. 

I want old. I want new. I want the old in the new setting, the old in the now. It really sucks when the page in front of you goes blurry and you know you have to make it to the bus stop, the bus ride, Sainsbury's, the walk home in the cold before you reach the safety of your room and then it's gone. Imh SO MUCH.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's a really cryptic ending NOT! Sorry just giving you a hard time I second what Anna says and would urge you to try to feel better because I am aware that the cold makes other aspects of life more bitter.

    ReplyDelete