Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So many ups and downs all at once!!!!!

   Ahhhhh. Sexpression = good. New people = good. Getting on with everything. :) Regretting some things, doing good others...life goes on.
   Last night was Kate Nash. I was not exactly feeling up to it, I must say. I was tired and crampy and paranoid about being out in London. Yeah, I know. Winnie and I took the tube to Shepherd's Bush, which, we learned, is a pretty dodgy area. We went too far down one street, asked a drunk man for directions, got nothing, got approached by a guy aggressively asking for change, and then finally got directions to the arena. Good. I got slight anxiety like standing around for awhile and honestly kind of felt like I might need to leave. But I toughed it out and soon my anxiety turned to hunger as I had only eaten a piece of bread with jam on it for dinner. I'm going shopping tomorrow. We didn't actually get near to the stage as it was already pretty busy by the time we got there. We stayed right at the back, standing up on these platforms so we could see. It was good, though she played a lot of her stuff that I didn't know too well. Foundations was great though. :) The tuberide back was hilarious though because there was a drunk guy who just would not stop talking shit, and he was there with his girlfriend, her two friends (none looked older than 16), and someone's mom? Winnie and I had to seat kind of across from each other and kept making looks. The guy sitting next to me kept leaning over to me saying things like the boy just wants an audience. At one point, Winnie couldn't hold it in anymore and just burst out laughing so I started laughing a bit more. What dumb people.
   Today was soooo hard to get up. As usual. After the internet and movie fiasco of the weekend and Monday, I had to go to Maughan to watch my brit lit movie there. Basically, the first women treated me like I was retarded and finally told me to just look the movie up myself at their computer lobby, so I went there and it wouldn't load fast enough, so I went back and asked another girl if she could just look the movie up for me. She basically didn't help, and had to ask two MORE people if the catalogue was for sure down or not, and basically...it was. She was wasting my time and I was pissed in general at King's shittiness so I was just like, interrupting her, "You know what? I'll find it myself. Whatever." Turned away, left. Found the movie after like three minutes. Watched most of it. Had to come back again to watch the rest at my other break, but got it done. Chatted with a nice English girl who had studied abroad last year in California. Ate two sausage rolls for a pound for lunch. Epitome of health.
   So after my seemingly never-ending day of classes, traffic was INSANELY backed up on Strand and everywhere. I waited 25 min for RV1 (normally 10 MAX). This guy next to me turned to me and made some comment about how crap the wait was today. He sounded American. He started chatting to me, found out he's Canadian. Blah blah blah, we're chatting, and then he's like, "So do you have plans for the weekend? Like do you want to do something?" I was like ok basically, maybe we can do something. He asked for my phone number cus he doesn't know his (?) and I didn't know mine cus I've only had my phone for 4 days. So we exchanged e-mails and we'll see how that goes. It was just kind of flattering I guess. :-P
   Anyway, every bus was packed. Literally saw people falling out of the 521 with the doors open. It took us like 20 min to get to the second stop, then we went on diversion and all this shit, then I got home an hour later, after making friends with four girls from LSE on the bus after sharing tissues with one. That was nice. Got home and made soup and basically we had one of our kitchen sessions in the flat and everyone agreed to like be in the background of this public date (should it happen) in order to bail me out should need be and be my security detail. And now here I am, wanting nothing more than warmth, my headache to go away, and to watch British TV shows until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Also, having lunch with Kristen tomorrow, excited!!! :) :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you meant it, but you are quite hilarious- sharing tissues with another girl is nice, but exchanging emails with a boy is "kind of flattering I guess." Too cute, Elissa. Keep being darling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easier to bond with other women (friend-wise) but I think the exchange of e-mails would have taken the cake if I had found him more attractive.

    ReplyDelete